My experiences with makeup & beauty products have been shaped by my own unique circumstances, situations, likes & dislikes. Let me try and define what these circumstances are:
- I live in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, which is known to be not only super sunny & hot but also freakishly humid and dusty.
- I have a medium olive skin tone, with a serious yellow undertone. Parts of my skin can look very sallow at times.
- I tan VERY easily. My outer forearms, hands, face, back-of-neck and feet are tanned and darker than my neck and the rest of my body. When I say medium olive, that is what my tanned skin tone is. My natural skin tone is very light olive.
- I have very sensitive skin, which is easily prone to irritations, pimples, and skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. A couple of years ago, these conditions would only flare up during winters (not that Chennai winters actually qualify as that), but these days it flares up whenever I'm stressed.
- The condition of my skin has changed quite a bit, especially over the past few years. Several years ago, I would have considered my skin oily, but now I would call it combination sensitive. Combination means - Face: In summers my T-zone is oily, while my O-zone can be dry or normal; in winters my O-zone is dry, while my T-zone can be oily or normal. My body: It's usually super dry in winters and dry but clammy (yuck!) in summers.
I'm learning something everyday, not only about my own skin, but also about skincare, beauty & makeup in general.