Wednesday 31 March, 2010

Adieu


Today was my last day on my job as a copy writer for an advertising agency. I leave with a mixture of sadness, uncertainty sheer relief and paralyzing fear. I wasn't exactly enjoying my job all that much, but I will miss the people I work with - especially my closest friends. I will also miss the laughter, fun and jokes about hair-brained, frustrating clients and the mad dash to reach deadlines. Most of all I will miss the sense of purposefulness that I felt, knowing that I was doing my part in something bigger. I am terrified that I have now stepped into the 'Great Unknown' with no clue about future plans and no idea about future income. I will now have to relearn how to live on a budget (earning spoilt me rotten financially) and become more responsible for myself.

I learned a lot in the past 1 1/2 years since I started on this job - about the job itself, about writing, designing and mostly about myself. Oh well, here's looking forward to the future. I hope to keep on learning as I go along.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment